I just spent 6 months to make a video of me giving a lap dance.
1. It’s a video for my 15 year old self, the kid in his basement room that made a check list titled: “How To Be a Man”
(I still have it)
It was what I believed I needed to look and be like before I could be sexually desirable:
- Have biceps that strain my shirt sleeves
- Have pectorals that look like Batman’s chest plates
- Be less sensitive
- Be more aggressive
- Be cockier
- Have piercings
- Have tattoos
I thought I needed to look and be like the love child of Mark Wahlberg and Johnny Depp.
This belief lasted long past high school and still has some of its tentacles wrapped around me.
So, this video is for my 15 your old self that still lives on. You can rest now, playa.
You fine as hell.
2. There are very few things that piss me off. The fact that Asian men in Hollywood are never the romantic lead or portrayed as being sexually powerful - THAT pisses me off.
How many times has Jackie Chan saved the day and home-boy still doesn’t get any?
Jet Li was god damn R-O-M-E-O in “Romeo Must Die” and still nothing?!
I may not be able to whoop ass like those OGs, but I can body roll like a mo’fo and will do my part to show that Asian men can be sexy AS FUCK.
This leads right into the final reason.
3. As much as I love both Magic Mike movies, there was an egregious omission in both of them - an Asian brotha.
But don’t you worry, Channing Tatum - I got you.
I’m your Asian Magic Mike.
Directed by: Ben Weston
Featuring: Ben Weston, Alyssa Adkins
Director of Photography: Matthew Alvero
Edited by: Ben Weston, Matthew Alvero
Camera Operator: Wendell Alvero
Song: "Go Fuck Yourself" - Two Feet